Carris Reels is seeking a Lead Person/Production Coordinator for our Tin & Bolt Department. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, must have good problem-solving skills, use good judgment and critical thinking, and have mechanical aptitude. This is a multi-faceted position, which will require tactical day to day thinking, as well as strategic future thinking. A combination of leadership role and machine operator, this person will lead by example. This is full-time position, 40 plus hours per week position, with overtime and weekends, as necessary. Some shift overlap between first and second shift is a must.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud, and personal protective equipment is required (ear plugs, gloves, safety glasses and safety toe shoes or boots). This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, lifting, and reaching for extended periods of time.
- Participate and promote waste elimination, cost reduction, continuous improvement
- 6S Audits
- Safety Audits
- Daily updating of production boards, KPI’s and understanding of scheduling
- Back-up for Production Manager (scheduling, inventory, shipping/receiving, ordering and customer interface)
- Audit and Promote product quality and efficiency through team
- Excellent attendance a must, and must be available for overtime when needed
- Maintain and comply with all OHSA and company safety and health procedures and policies (OHSA 10 a plus)
- Become proficient with machine set-up, operation, and maintenance
- Possess, or be willing to obtain, a forklift license
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have the ability and willingness to learn operation of production equipment
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Lean Manufacturing background
- Computer skills (i.e. MS Excel, Word, Outlook, ability to write process documents, and knowledge of working with an ERP system)
- Must have proven math skills and able to read a tape measure, micrometer, and scale
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals