Carris Reels, a leading manufacturer of packaging solutions for the wire and cable industry, seeks an Accounting Clerk to join our 100% employee-owned company.
The accounting clerk is responsible for payable and receivable accounts, ensuring that invoices and payments are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed.
Summary of Duties
- Maintain vendor file records and transactions
- Prepare deposits, enter cash receipts, and process credit card payments
- Enter payables transactions
- Generate and mail checks
- Research and resolve vendor/customer inquiries or payment discrepancies via telephone and written correspondence (email)
- Input records into electronic (paperless) filing system
- Communicate with multiple divisions and management regarding receivers and purchases
- Assist in month / annual period closings
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have basic math skills and proficiency with spreadsheets. Prior accounting experience is helpful. Strong communication skills, high attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to work independently and with confidential information, and meet deadlines are required.
Become an employee-owner. To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.