Job Title: Corporate Supply Chain Manager
Reports to: Vice President - Manufacturing
Location: Proctor, VT
The Supply Chain Manager will perform strategic and tactical procurement activities across Carris Reels’ multiple locations, divisions, and categories of spend. Teaming with and supporting current purchasing initiatives and local plant specific buyers - while positioning the supply chain group to be stronger, faster and deliver continuously improving metrics - are key functions for success. This position will assure that all purchasing activities are continuously improving, data driven and offer the greatest possible advantage for our employee-owned company. Reporting to the Vice-President – Manufacturing, the Supply Chain Manager will be an integral member of the corporate manufacturing leadership team.
- Develop, lead and execute corporate purchasing strategies for Carris Reels’ 3+ divisions in 8+ locations across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Guide and support the team of local buyers at all manufacturing sites.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with key vendors, suppliers, and the Carris Reels leadership team.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a data-based system to track and evaluate vendor performance in areas including quality, delivery, cost, service, etc. Report findings to corporate management as required.
- Assure robust, predictable, consistent flow of materials and services to manufacturing sites.
- Team with local plant managers and buyers to establish and maintain demand driven inventory levels for raw materials.
- Actively negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors to assure the best possible materials, pricing, and terms for Carris Reels.
- Act as corporate lead in communications with legal counsel regarding all proposed contracts and agreements for the supply of materials, services, equipment, etc.
- Monitor, assess, manage, mitigate, and report supply chain risks as they arise.
- Collaborate with sales team and corporate management to consolidate information that leads to accurately forecasting demand for purchased materials and services, including market and industry.
- Bachelor’s degree: Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing organization as a purchasing manager in a leadership role.
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) accreditation strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple teams across an organization – local site buyers, site management, engineering, human resources, maintenance, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent, data-driven analytical skills required.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills required
- Experience with international purchasing – including logistics, exchange rates, certifications, etc. strongly preferred.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems preferred.
- Conversational ability in French and Spanish is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Estimated travel requirement: 20% to manufacturing/assembly facilities (US/Canada based) & 20% to vendors, mills, reman operations in both US and Canada.
Employee Owners at Carris enjoy:
- A Lucrative Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Potential for monthly production incentives
- Fantastic Benefits- Including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Weekly payroll
- Discounted company branded employee gear and other perks
- Regular, year-round schedules
- Paid holidays
- Fast-paced,Team-oriented work environments
Carris Reels is a 100% employee-owned company.