Carris Reels, Inc. is searching for a KEY member to our team! This role as our Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, will serve our Rutland, VT production locations.
Reporting to the Director of VT Operations, the EHS Manager is responsible to oversee the implementation and adherence to the EHS program for the organization. This position works collaboratively with the operations team to create processes and training to improve the overall health and safety of the organization.
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative measures, safety, and compliance training programs.
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs.
- Provides management team with guidance on health and safety and confirm sites are compliant with industry, local, state, federal guidelines, and regulations.
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management.
- Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- College degree, or commensurate experience – preferred.
- 5 plus years (preferred) of EHS experience in a manufacturing environment, with machining and assembly processes a plus.
- Current certifications in First Aid, CPR, OSHA, 30-hour – preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills to facilitate work through multiple shifts / departments / buildings.
- Ability to think ahead, plan accordingly and prepare/deliver action plans to achieve results.
- Possess strong analytical skills and mechanical aptitude to help troubleshoot problems and implement improvement plans which deliver solutions effectively.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and assertive when appropriate.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Possess computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Employee Owners at Carris enjoy:
- A Lucrative Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Potential for monthly production incentives
- Fantastic Benefits- Including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Weekly payroll
- Discounted company branded employee gear and other perks
- Regular, year-round schedules
- Paid holidays
- Fast-paced,Team-oriented work environments
Carris Reels offers a competitive salary and extensive benefit package – insurances, retirement/401k, ESOP, and profit sharing. We are 100% employee-owned.
Become an employee-owner. Apply here or, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org