Facilities Maintenance will be responsible for the overall cleaning of the production areas (interior/exterior), of Carris Reels Vermont Operations. This position is key in keeping our facilities incident-free, efficient and ensuring that our production facilities are tour ready. This position will have a primary focus in our Rutland Mill and West Rutland Assembly facility but will support our Plastics, Tin/Bolts, and R&D locations as necessary.
- Industrial cleaning of the production areas (interior/exterior), equipment, dust collection pipes, lights, walls, windows, etc...
- Light carpentry repairs
- Sheetrock repairs
- Interior/Exterior Painting
- Assist with routine preventative maintenance on equipment, machines, and plant facilities
- Reads and interprets work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules and Carris Reels safety program
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Excellent attitude, communication, and teamwork skills
- Will be assigned to work with production when needed
- All other duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical training in mechanical, industrial electrical, or hydraulics preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting
- *Valid Drivers License Required*
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and the ability to inspire other team members
- Communication: excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills to facilitate work through multiple departments/buildings.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan accordingly
- Problem solving: Possess analytical skills and mechanical aptitude to help troubleshoot problems and implement improvement plans
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to people, production, and business needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment that requires fulfillment of daily commitments
- Effectively gather and analyze information to allow for timely/efficient decision making
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Possess computer skills and some proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 3:00 pm with overtime and weekends as necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud, and personal protective equipment is required (ear plugs, safety glasses, and safety shoes at minimum)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
Employee Owners at Carris enjoy:
- A Lucrative Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Potential for monthly production incentives
- Fantastic Benefits- Including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Weekly payroll
- Discounted company branded employee gear and other perks
- Regular, year-round schedules
- Paid holidays
- Fast-paced,Team-oriented work environments
Carris Reels offers a competitive salary and extensive benefit package – insurances, retirement/401k, ESOP, and profit sharing. We are 100% employee-owned.
Become an employee-owner. Apply here or, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org