The human resource generalist will develop and implement HR strategies compliant with federal and state laws and aligned with Carris Reels’ overall business goals. This position will carry out responsibilities in HR functional areas, such as recruitment/employment, on boarding, employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
- Conduct recruitment efforts, applicant screening and interviewing for all staffing needs, including placement assignments of temporary workers from staffing agencies.
- Provide strategic and tactical HR support to employees and management and deliver programs to meet organization needs.
- Assist management with safety initiatives and coordinate safety programs to foster a safety culture.
- Manage employee relations functions, assisting management with performance development, improvement programs, and compensation plans.
- Implement company policies and provide education and coaching to employees and management as needed.
- Advise and counsel management team on a variety of topics to optimize employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness.
- Maintain employee records and correspond with Corporate HR/Payroll to ensure data is updated timely and accurately.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations, including employment postings, FMLA, ADA, wage and hour laws.
- Member of and facilitation of employee committees, such as charitable giving.
- Implement other company initiatives such as wellness activities, events, and luncheons.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of HR best practices, employment law, and benefit regulations
- Current working knowledge of safety standards in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitivity and professionalism in a variety of situations.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written, with internal and external relations
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Initiative and independent judgment
- Collaboration and ability to work well with others, including the ability to handle crucial conversations while maintaining effective relationships.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to support multiple locations, shifts
- 5 years experience in Human Resources preferred
- HR certification (PHR and/or SHRM-CP) a plus