Lone Star Reel, a leading manufacturer of packaging solutions for the wire and cable industry, seeks an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our team.
This position is responsible for all human resources functions associated with our three-shift manufacturing plant located in McKinney, Texas. The Human Resources Generalist will have broad knowledge in all areas of human resources, including recruitment, onboarding and retention, benefits administration, workplace safety, employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
- Provide HR support to employees and management and deliver programs to meet organization needs.
- Collaborate with management team on a variety of projects to optimize employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness with an emphasis on building our ownership culture.
- Conduct recruitment efforts, applicant screening and interviewing for all staffing needs.
- Process all employment paperwork, along with new hire, benefit and safety orientations, and onboarding procedures.
- Maintain employee records, including timekeeping and attendance occurrences, and correspond with Corporate HR/payroll to ensure data is updated timely and accurately.
- Process and manage worker’s compensation claims, benefit claims, or leaves of absence according to company policy and designation of any applicable leave benefits/laws.
- Assist management with employee relations and performance development/improvement programs.
- Implement company handbook policies and provide education and coaching to employees and management as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent education/experience.
- HR certification (PHR and/or SHRM-CP) and OSHA-10 or OSHA-30 certification a plus.
- Previous administrative, HR experience, in a manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual (Spanish) required.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills. A customer service orientation is essential, along with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively. Proficiency in using Microsoft programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is needed.
Lone Star Reel/Carris Reels offers a competitive salary and extensive benefit package – insurances, retirement/401k, ESOP, and profit sharing. We are 100% employee-owned.