Carris Reels, a leading manufacturer of packaging solutions for the wire and cable industry, seeks an experienced Human Resources Generalist/Office Manager to join our team.
This position is responsible for all human resources functions associated with our one-shift manufacturing plant located in Madera, CA with approx. 46 employees. The Human Resources Generalist will have broad knowledge in all areas of human resources, including recruitment, onboarding and retention, benefits administration, workplace safety, employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
The office management portion would consist of overseeing 2 office employees, ordering supplies for both the office and safety, tracking data for customer surcharges. Compliance reporting such as environmental, Commodity Flow Survey, and SAM Registration.
- Provide HR support to employees and management and deliver programs to meet organization needs.
- Conduct recruitment efforts, applicant screening and interviewing for all staffing needs.
- Process all employment paperwork, along with new hire, benefit and safety orientations, and onboarding procedures.
- Maintain employee records, including timekeeping and attendance occurrences, and correspond with Corporate HR/payroll to ensure data is updated timely and accurately.
- Process and manage worker’s compensation claims, benefit claims, or leaves of absence according to company policy and designation of any applicable leave benefits/laws.
- Track, maintain, and deliver safety training, activities as needed and coordinate initiatives to foster a safety culture.
- Assist management with employee relations, performance development/improvement programs, and compensation plans.
- Collaborate with management team on a variety of topics to optimize employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness.
- Implement company handbook policies and provide education and coaching to employees and management as needed.
- Member of and facilitation of employee committees, such as safety and charitable giving.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent education/experience preferred.
- Previous administrative, HR/safety experience, in a manufacturing environment.
- HR certification (PHR and/or SHRM-CP) a plus.
- Fluent in Spanish and English a plus.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills. A customer service orientation is essential, along with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively. Proficiency in using Microsoft programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is needed.
Carris Reels offers a competitive salary and extensive benefit package – insurances, retirement/401k, ESOP, and profit sharing. We are 100% employee-owned. To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.