Carris Reels Inc. located in Statesville, NC currently has a day shift Maintenance Supervisor position available. Amongst various locations throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico, Carris Reels Inc. founded in 1951 not only offers longevity, dependability and teamwork, but a great benefit package. One of the few companies offering an ESOP plan to their employees, where the employees are the owners, Carris is the “Reel Deal”.
The Maintenance Supervisor VIII is responsible for the overall operating performance of the maintenance department. This position will work collaboratively within the plywood division to provide technical service to main mill, assembly, and other sites as needed. This position provides support for the repair and improvement of mechanical and automated systems used in plywood production and plywood reels assembly. Major duties include: daily manufacturing support and problem solving, troubleshooting mechanical issues while working closely with others to complete maintenance projects. This position also supports bringing new automated equipment into a production environment, which may include onsite deployment, installation, and training for completed systems.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate improvements and productive working relationships among various shifts.
- Responsible for project management, scheduling, and implementation.
- Complies with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Supports the Carris Reels safety program.
- Good methodical aptitude for problem solving. Must be organized with the discipline to solve problems with permanent solutions.
- Works with maintenance technician to troubleshoot issues and fix equipment.
- Maintains spare parts/bench stock, including ordering and receiving.
- Maintains up to-date records of plant machinery including preventative maintenance records.
- Coordinates outside vendor services.
- Prepares feedback and annual performance evaluations for maintenance staff.
- Valid drivers’ license required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree or trade certification preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in a leadership position
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.