We have an ongoing opening for a Band VI Fleet Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Tech will be responsible for the repair, maintenance, and overhaul of fleet equipment.
- Diagnose, rebuild, and repair fleet equipment (tractors, trailers, forklifts and pickup trucks)
- Complete preventative maintenance of fleet equipment
- Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance
- May be required to operate a company vehicle to diagnose and repair equipment as part of a road-side service call
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Work in a safe manner per company, local, state, and federal policies and regulations
- Overtime as required
- Operate yard horse as needed
- Other projects or duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Valid CDL Class A required
- Vermont State Inspection Certification
- Ability to utilize an on-board computer and desktop computer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights I excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/ or pull weights more than 100 pounds
- Experience with forklift, trailer, and Antilock Brake Systems repair (preferred)
- Knowledge of welding and fabricating (preferred)
- Possess own tools (preferred)
- Some travel may be required
- Company Stock (free to you as an employee owner)
- Profit Sharing
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSA's or FSA's .
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement.
About Carris Reels
Safety - Ownership - Customer-Driven
Carris Reels was founded in Rutland, Vermont in 1951. We are a leading manufacturer of packaging solutions for the cable and wire industry. We operate in multiple manufacturing and distribution centers across the US, Canada, and Mexico. Carris Reels is 100% employee-owned.