JOBTITLE: Plant Manager – Enfield, CT
REPORTS TO: Vice President - Manufacturing
LOCATION: Enfield, Connecticut
The Plant Manager is the chief on-site leader of the multi-shift manufacturing operations in Enfield, CT. The Plant Manager has responsibility for the Connecticut operations including the operation’s performance in safety, quality, delivery, profitability, and culture. Together with company senior management, this position will develop and implement effective business strategies to target key performance goals in all key function areas, such as; sales, manufacturing, operations and people development, and for continuous improvement in the efficiency of labor, materials, and machines.
- Direct manufacturing operations with and through a team of production managers and supervisors.
- Oversee daily operations of the Connecticut site, including the effective execution of safety, quality, delivery and financial strategies to ensure key performance goals are met.
- Create and preserve a culture of employee engagement that provides the highest level of autonomy and active participation in decision making amongst the organization’s employee-owners.
- Devise and implement a culture of operational excellence through a never-ending process of continuous improvement in all aspects of the business – including manufacturing, culture, employee and leadership development, regulatory compliance, community relations, etc.
- Interface with other company divisions, suppliers and customers to ensure strong customer service, coordination of business operations and sales growth.
- Be a central leading figure in problem solving through effective root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, business management, or related field.
- 5+ years of management experience in a manufacturing environment, including strategy deployment, budgeting and profit/loss responsibility.
- Lean Six-Sigma certification with 5+ years of hands-on, practical lean manufacturing transformation with demonstrated results highly preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strategic and financial planning skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is strongly preferred
Employee Owners at Carris enjoy:
- A Lucrative Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Potential for monthly production incentives
- Fantastic Benefits- Including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Weekly payroll
- Discounted company branded employee gear and other perks
- Regular, year-round schedules
- Paid holidays
- Fast-paced,Team-oriented work environments
Carris Reels is a 100% employee-owned company.