The Production Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations for a 24-hour injection molding and assembly operation. This position will work collaboratively with area leads and other employees to execute production with emphasis on safety, quality, delivery, efficiency, and culture. This position will also ensure customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of labor, materials, and equipment. This position reports to the VT Director of Operations.
- Plans production and scheduling among team of employees in 3 shift operation.
- Works to improve workflow by maximizing machine up-time, eliminating stoppages; analyzing delays; recommending new methods.
- Coordinates schedules and mold changeovers in high mix environment.
- Makes recommendations for optimal machine use production rates.
- Assures efficient utilization of materials, works to continuously improve processes within the department.
- Develops and maintains preventive maintenance schedule for optimal mold performance.
- Provides guidance, direction, and leadership by communicating expectations and fostering the development of the team.
- Models Carris Reels core values including integrity, customer focus, ownership, honesty, and respect for others.
- Responsible for ensuring new employees receive appropriate training and onboarding to be successful.
- Participates in projects that may include cost savings ideas, including cycle time reduction, improved mold changeover times, tool testing and other process improvement projects.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by modeling and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Manages department KPI’s (key performance indicators) to ensure business metrics are being achieved.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree (business management/finance or engineering) preferred.
- Prior injection molding and plastics manufacturing experience preferred.
- Safety first commitment to ensure safe work environment
- Business acumen mindset to focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Highly organized and familiar with a fast paced, high volume-manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong financial analytical skills
- High level of math skills for production and inventory reporting.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience with plastic injection molding, extrusion and mold preventive maintenance and repair preferred.
- Prior knowledge of mold design procedures and set-ups preferred.
- Lean manufacturing experience, Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience performing tasks such as preventative maintenance on machines; mold cleaning, repair, preventive maintenance, and changeovers.
Employee Owners at Carris enjoy:
- A Lucrative Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Potential for monthly production incentives
- Fantastic Benefits- Including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Weekly payroll
- Discounted company branded employee gear and other perks
- Regular, year-round schedules
- Paid holidays
- Fast-paced,Team-oriented work environments
Carris Reels offers a competitive salary and extensive benefit package – insurances, retirement/401k, ESOP, and profit sharing. We are 100% employee-owned.
Become an employee-owner. Apply here or, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com