JOBTITLE: Production Manager
REPORT TO: General Manager
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Manager is responsible for the overall operating performance of the New Carlisle reel manufacturing operation. This position works collaboratively with area leads and/or supervisors to streamline production with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, waste reduction (material and processes) and productivity. Together with plant management, this leader helps to develop and implements effective strategies to meet key manufacturing performance goals.
- Direct manufacturing operations with and through a team of area leads and/or supervisors. Monitor, measure, and report KPIs for each area.
- Through coaching, off-site education and example setting, lead production supervisors and leads to continually grow professionally as managers and leaders.
- Assist in analyzing operations to improve safety, quality, and production efficiencies. Ensure compliance with Company standards for safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction, and on-time delivery.
- Interface with other Company divisions, suppliers, areas, and/or customers as necessary to ensure smooth coordination of scheduling and to achieve desired results.
- Participate in daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning as appropriate. Identify, communicate and drive implementation of strategic action plans to meet Company performance objectives.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate improvements and productive working relationships among various areas.
- Support our Company’s employee-ownership culture including employee participation and decision-making methods, morale, and employee development.
- Maintain a strong production floor presence. Adequately understand the processes to set the example for others to follow.
- Be a central leading figure in problem solving through effective root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Be a strong advocate for continuous improvement, engaging employees and striving daily for operational excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree – Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering strongly preferred. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- 5 plus years of supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing environment, with machining and assembly processes a plus. Demonstrated ability to grow culture and develop leaders is required.
- Formal training in Lean Manufacturing. Green Belt certification required; Black Belt certification preferred.
- Lean Tools Preferred:
- Value Stream Mapping, 6S, TWI, Visual Management, PDCA Cycle, Leading Kaizen Events, Set up Reduction, Poka-Yoke, and Cause and Effect Diagrams (Ishikawa Diagrams)
- Lean Tools Preferred:
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills to facilitate work through departments.
- Ability to think ahead, plan accordingly and prepare/deliver action plans to achieve results.
- Possess strong analytical skills and mechanical aptitude to help troubleshoot problems and implement improvement plans which deliver solutions effectively.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and assertive when appropriate.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Possess computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Employee Owners at Carris enjoy:
- A Lucrative Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Potential for monthly production incentives
- Fantastic Benefits- Including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Weekly payroll
- Discounted company branded employee gear and other perks
- Regular, year-round schedules
- Paid holidays
- Fast-paced,Team-oriented work environments
Carris Reels is a 100% employee-owned company. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, with a valid phone number. You can also apply below on this webpage.