Carris Reels, a leading manufacturer of packaging solutions for the cable and wire industry, seeks reel assembler support (reel assembler prep work, small machine operators, material handling etc.) to join our team of employee-owners at our plant in New Carlisle, Indiana.
We offer a competitive salary with extensive benefit package including insurances, profit share bonus, retirement 401k, and ESOP. Must be able to pass drug and alcohol screening.
Position Summary: Requires preparing components used in the assembly of reel products from the beginning of the production process to stacking completed reels for the end of the conveyor line. Some examples of this could be inserting t-nuts in flanges using t-nut machine or by hand tools, operate cutting machine to size paper tubes to required length and specifications. Material handling to stack and sort flanges for assembly department or reel products for shipping department.
Assembly positions require:
- Follow established methods and procedures necessary to build a reel
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and customer specifications with minimum supervision
- Be familiar with, and use, measuring tools like tape measure. Must be able to perform simple shop math
- Must be able to read and interpret customer spec cards and maintain production flow
- Report defective materials, or questionable conditions, to the department supervisor
- Maintain excellent attendance, including overtime as required.
To apply, submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop in and fill out an application in person from 8AM - 4PM, Monday - Thursday at our New Carlisle plant, located at 31977 US-20.