Carris Reels, a leading manufacturer of packaging solutions for the cable and wire industry, seeks a Safety Director based at our corporate headquarters in Proctor, VT. We are 100% employee-owned and value the safety of our business and employees.
The director will lead the environmental, occupational health and safety (EHS) programs across the US manufacturing and assembly facilities. This position will be responsible for the corporation's overall EHS performance with an emphasis on continuous improvement to support our behavior-based safety objectives and work environment.
- Develop and implement environmental, occupational health and safety programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations, including OSHA.
- Identify short and long-term corporate objectives that strategically address behavior-based safety programs and promote health and safety culture initiatives.
- Provide guidance to site management and employees in the implementation and improvement of site EHS action plans.
- Responsible for budgetary and continuous improvement oversight for company-wide safety initiatives and activities.
- With site management collaboration, develop and implement training programs to maintain compliance and increase the overall EHS awareness and support behavior-based safety performance.
- Review capital projects – plants, equipment, resources – and other site changes from an EHS perspective
- Ensure EHS programs such as risk assessment, ergonomics, audits, inspections, hazardous waste, environmental permits, facility security are maintained to identify and mitigate risk and provide a safe work environment.
- Oversee risk assessment, risk management, and insurance carriers to best support our company and employees.
- Measure company health and safety metrics, such as incident, injury, and near miss reporting, to determine root cause and identify improvement plans.
- Conduct internal audits of facilities to ensure compliance and proactively develop corrective actions and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in environment, safety, business, engineering, or equivalent field
- 5+ years experience managing in a manufacturing organization
- 5+ years experience managing an EHS program
- Professional certification in safety a plus (Certified Safety Professional)
- In-depth knowledge of safety best practices and demonstrated ability to implement programs across multiple facilities
- Travel requirement: 30% to manufacturing/assembly facilities (US/Canada based)
We seek a candidate with strong leadership, communication, planning, and problem-solving skills. The candidate will demonstrate experience in being “hands-on” and engaged with our operations to meet safety action plans and implement best practices. Must be self-directed, organized, and have outstanding interpersonal skills to build effective relationships.
Become an employee-owner. We offer a competitive salary with extensive benefit package including insurances, profit share bonus, retirement 401k, and ESOP.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.